Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The End

Yes folks, this is the last post on the Princess and the Recipe. After two years, I just don't have the time any more, and have decided to focus on other projects.

I've come a long way since I first started the blog. It all started when I was living in Hong Kong and, with a miniscule kitchen and more restaurants than you could shake a stick at, I was eating out more than ever before. I started blogging to keep a record for myself of all the exciting new places I was eating. Soon though, people started to read what I was writing, I got comments and made friends. On my move back to the UK I kept it up, and things got even better as I met other bloggers (in real life!), got together for Dine with Dos Hermanos, disastrous food quizzes and pigouts.

I began to love writing so much that in January of last year I quit my job to study for a journalism diploma. Since then, I have been getting work experience and writing freelance. Slowly but surely, things are coming together, my portfolio of published pieces is growing and I am getting more and more work.

The more I write for a living though, the more the blog suffers. As a lot of you know, blogging takes time, love and effort. For me, it has run its course. I've discovered a whole new career and way of life, plus of course many good friends who I am sure I will still be feasting with on a regular basis. So, thanks for reading, and here's to the next chapter!

13 comments:

Kavey said...

Alex, it's been a pleasure following your blog and I'm so plesaed to hear the professional writing is taking off for you!
Best of luck and hope to still see you at foodie gatherings!

meemalee said...

Oh no - the end of an era :(

Best of luck with your new career - I know you'll go far xxx

Su-Lin said...

Ah, sorry to hear about your stopping with the blogging but am very happy to hear that the new writing career is doing well!

Best wishes!

Alex English said...

Thanks for the kind words ladies, it's been a blast! Don't worry, I will still definitely be going to foodie gatherings...

Helen said...

Oh blimey! Well good luck with your new adventures. It sounds like you are making a success of things already.

BrightonSuz said...

Good luck with your writing career and keep eating well! It's been lovely reading your posts x

Trig said...

Alex - sorry to see you go, but all the best of luck with your new writing career.

Nic said...

What a shame you are giving up your blog.
I wish you all the best in your new career and am sure you will be very successful.

Unknown said...

Good luck with your new career Alex - your blog has led to big things!

Suffolk Hotel said...

Here is to a new chapter a new beggining. Dont wory about your blog, we will be here when you are ready to pick up again. Follow your dreams and your tongue, yummy.

Good Luck, Best wishes

Kate said...

hi, i just found your blog this second when i was looking up where to find harissa paste in plymouth, and your blog has successfully shown me how to make it lol. Sorry to hear you wont be posting anymore but a hearty congratulations to your new chapter. :) good luck :)

Chef Gulzar said...

Hi

nice post! good luck with your new adventures. It sounds like you are making a success of things already.



James Parker….
Chef Gulzar recipes in Urdu

Kitchen Stools Direct said...

Sorry to see you go, good luck in the future!